o 125g wholemeal or spelt flour
o 150g jumbo porridge oats
o ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
o A pinch of sea salt
o ½ tsp ground cinnamon
o 100g dark or light brown sugar
o 4 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
o 1 large carrot or 2 medium-sized carrots, coarsely grated
o 100ml olive or coconut oil
o 100g chopped dried fruit (raisins, dates, apricots, mango and/or figs)
o 100g chopped nuts or seeds
o Grated zest of 1 lemon (optional)
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 13 mins
It’ll feed: 24 people
Step by step
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas 4.
2. Add the flour, oats, baking soda and salt to a big bowl. Mix well to ensure the baking soda and salt are evenly distributed. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix everything together.
3. Scoop by the tablespoon and press into rounds on an oiled baking sheet. Tidy up the edges. You’ll probably get about a dozen per tray. If you don’t want two batches, just freeze the rest of the mix for another day.
4. Bake for 10 mins, or till just starting to set and just picking up a little colour. They’ll set to be soft and chewy like this. If you’d prefer them crispier, flip the cookies over and return to the oven for 3 mins or so to crisp up the bottoms.
5. Once cooked, they store nicely for a week in an airtight container.
Thanks to Abel and Cole for this recipe. http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/
If you have a recipe you'd like to share with us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will get back to you